TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Your dog must have basic obedience (sit, stay, come) and strong recall.
- Your dog must remain current with vaccinations.
- Your dog must have Milton. Oakville, Burlington Registration tags, and nametag with home contact information.
- Your dog must be non-aggressive, and well socialized with other dogs and people.
- Owners provide collars, harnesses, leads (& coats if necessary). Leader of the Pack is not responsible to replace damaged or lost collars, leashes, coats, registration tags or name tags that may go missing or get damaged during walks.
- Leader of the Pack will supply treats (with owner’s permission) and compost-able waste bags.
- Leader of the Pack may deem any dog/client unfit for off leash services with 24 hour notice.
FREE CONSULTATION MEETING
Leader of the Pack offers a free one-hour, no obligation consultation to determine if the dog can respond to basic commands, share questions and information on client needs and practices to Leader of the Pack’s practices to determine if we are a fit.
At the time of consultation it is encouraged to be prepared with questions, or concerns you may have as a dog owner and client. Your completed consultation request and client form will be brought by Leader of the Pack to allow for increased time with your dog.
The consultation helps to ensure your dog receives the best possible care.
HOME SECURITY & DATA PROTECTION:
Leader of the Pack will keep all keys, remote control entry devices, access codes and personal information of the owner(s) secure and in safekeeping. Leader of the Pack will also return all of the above at the end of the contract or immediately upon request.
Leader of the pack provides walk updates via Facebook, but upon request we can provide a courtesy text message update upon returning your dog home safely. You must notify Leader of the Pack if you would not permit Leader of the Pack to use your dog’s photo in social media updates.
24-hour notice is required to cancel a scheduled walk. If Leader of The Pack has been scheduled for a walk and arrives to a home without a dog present you will be charged in full for that day’s walk. If unforeseen circumstances arise (outside of extreme weather conditions) where Leader of the Pack would have to cancel a walk, Leader of the Pack will reschedule that walk and at no charge.
Walks take place rain, shine or snow (dangerous weather excluded). Leader of the Pack will attempt to reschedule walks cancelled due to possible dangerous weather conditions.
RETURNING DIRTY DOGS:
Due to the nature of off leash dog walking on trails and near lakes, dogs can get dirty. After a walk dogs can be wet, dusty, or even muddy, so please be prepared to identify returning entrances during consultation. If your dog doesn’t have a designated area, or crating area, please leave a towel near the returning door/mud-room and Leader of the Pack will do their best to wipe down your dog upon drop-off.
Please note: Leader of The Pack is not a grooming service, so your dog will likely require cleaning in certain seasons. Feel free to ask Leader of the Pack about professional grooming options in Oakville/Burlington.
Leader of the Pack takes the safety of dog clients’ seriously. If your dog is deemed undisciplined, aggressive, or unresponsive the dog will not be accommodated by our services. If your dog does not exhibit these traits during the consultation, but they arise at a later date, Leader of the Pack withholds the option to terminate service immediately.
FLEAS & TICKS:
Ticks and fleas aren’t foreign to dogs, particularly off leash in warmer months. Leader of the Pack recommends you check your dog regularly for both and requests that you make alternate arrangements to scheduled walks if your dog is being treated so as to avoid spreading to other dogs in the group.
Leader of the Pack carries a mobile phone for emergencies. If your dog is lost or hurt the protocol is as follows:
- a) Contact emergency phone on client consultation sheet.
- b) Contact Humane Society
- c) Return to the vehicle with other dogs.
- d) Attempt to locate the missing dog, or if injured, transport the dog to the nearest Veterinarian.
I have read, understand, and acknowledged Leader of the Pack’s terms and conditions and waiver by submitting the above form. By reading, understanding, and acknowledging the terms and conditions and waiver and proceeding into an agreement and schedule of care with Leader of the Pack I affirm that I understand the inherent risks and hazards associated with the nature of dog walking and Leader of the Pack’s services.
These risks include, but are not limited to:
- Risks associated with picking up my dog, dropping off my dog, traveling to and from my home in a vehicle, having my dog around other dogs, people, wildlife, and outdoor environments. Leader of the Pack will take reasonable action to minimize these risks, but I understand it is not always possible to prevent injuries that may occur during off leash walks in outdoor environments.
- I, as the dog owner, am fully responsible for the actions of my dog if it causes any damage whatsoever, including, but not limited to, death, damage or injury to itself, or death, damage or injury to other animals, pets, people and property while in the care of Leader of the Pack.
- I affirm that I have provided all necessary information to Leader of the Pack and through consultation deem that my dog is suitable to be in the care of Leader of the Pack. I also affirm that I have not witnessed my dog display aggressive tendencies towards people or other animals in the past, or if so, have identified this in my submitted client contact form and/or during consultation. My dog is obedient and capable of following commands, walks well on leash, is well behaved and has reliable recall even in distracting environments.
- I agree to immediately advise Leader of the Pack of any problems with my dog that could affect his/her behavior, health, or suitability for off leash /on leash or group walks.
- In the event of any illness or injury to my dog while in the care of Leader of the Pack, I authorize Leader of the Pack to take my dog to the nearest veterinarian and agree to pay for all veterinary care required in the opinion of the veterinarian.
- I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Leader of the Pack against loss or threatened loss or expense by reason of the liability or potential liability of my dog for or arising out of any claims for damages. This includes, but is not limited to, medical attention to people, emergency or veterinary care (including acts of nature, encounters with wild animals, etc.), any damages caused by acts of aggression (biting, attacks, etc.), or any injury caused by my dog toward property, animals and people while in the care of Leader of the Pack. Additionally, any costs associated with the above actions will be wholly reimbursed to Leader of the Pack upon request.
- I affirm that my dog is spayed or neutered and up to date with the following vaccinations: Rabies, Distemper, Parvovirus, Bordetella, and Leptospirosis. I understand that regular vaccinations cannot completely guard against illness and disease, and that Leader of the Pack cannot prevent, nor be responsible for any illness my dog might contract. Leader of the Pack shall not be liable for any illness or ailment which a dog may incur while in the presence of other dogs in Leader of the Pack’s care.
- I hereby waive and release Leader of the Pack from any and all claims, actions, suits, demands, assessments or judgments asserted and any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, lawyer and accounting fees to the extent permitted by law) alleged or incurred arising out of or relating to any operations.
- My submission of the above consultation form confirms that I have completely read, understand and acknowledged Leader of the Pack’s waiver, Leader of the Pack’s terms and conditions, and completed the Leader of the Pack’s client information form, and understand and agree to all of the terms outlined. I also understand Leader of the Pack may additionally require a client signature on all documents at time of consultation.